Popular Posts

Friday, September 16, 2011

MIT Blogs, Blabbers

Ok I haven't been active as I was in that previous week where all of a sudden I published over 80% of posts. IDK why is that. But any ways i am back now i'll definitely try to get one post online every week. Ok lets forget all this and please read my blabbers(new meaning that I thought of- the actual reason or the whatever thing that the blogger has to share) for this post

Ok. I am a huge fan of the MIT undergrad blogs (check them out here:-mitadmissions.org/blogs). I have been following them ever since I was in 8th grade. They showed me a different life altogether. I knew about MIT, Harvard and all those Ivies before but reading those blogs instilled a sense of how awesome your college life can be. You see I am from India and here people think of going to college studying hard to get a decent job. And by college I mean "engineering".(People here don't even think of other subjects as time worthy as they don't get much salary if they don't study engineering!) So what all I saw around me was nothing but mindless and numb way of approaching to college. So I actually defined college like this - a factory where high potential "investments" created with capability of getting very high salaries. But then for some reason I went to web.mit.edu and clicked on mitadmissions.org and boom! My whole concept of how boring college could be was turned upside down. My first thought- Man these people attend MIT and yet are having so much fun!
So began my "discovery" of what college could be and most importantly what MIT was! I read about the hacks, Brass rat, CPW, Baker House and before I knew it the site became my favorite "hang out" on the net, more than facebook.com . But then some time back I got super busy with school and other things and lost out on following the blogs. I enrolled at a college here in India doing economics. So I completely forgot about the blogs.

But then few days back I visited  their site and since then I am visiting evar since =) It makes me feel very nostalgic as the MIT blogs are one of the things that I truly love. And also they take me back to my early days at high school...

So please do check the awesome blogs and discover the awesome part of MIT that you don't know!!

2 comments:

  1. ..."It became my favourite hangout"....
    I know exactly what you're talking about.

    I found out about them an year ago and well, I've been hooked ever since. I've read countless blog posts and well, they're amazing.


    And, did you apply to MIT?...or, did you just apply to some college here in India?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know there are others who feel the same way as I do.

    Nope. I am in Chennai at Loyola doing economics. What about you?

    ReplyDelete